Dec 23 2019
Safety Tips for Leaving Town
Whether it is a weekend getaway or a two-week vacation, here are some safety tips to think about:
- Do not show others on your social media that you are out of town.
- Unplug all your holiday lights to avoid potential fire risks.
- Ask a neighbor or friend to shovel your driveway, that will give the illusion that you are home.
- Put your interior and exterior lights on a timer.
- Ask a neighbor or friend to pick up your packages, mail, newspaper, etc.
- Make sure your valuables are put away.
- Use your garage door lock (if applicable) -the owner’s manual will let you know if your garage door opener has a lock.
- Close all your blinds.
- Make sure all windows are closed and locked.
- If you have a “hidden” key under the doormat- remove it.
- Have a friend available to check on your house just in case an emergency occurs.